Thesis, Automattic, and WordPress

poststatus.com | Jul. 24, 2015 | 57 min read

"Thesis, Automattic, and WordPress. A 10,000 word story to describe a conflict of ideology." by Brian Krogsgard

51 vote   Flag

Unfortunately just another if huge wrap up. There are so many questions left unanswered.

Brian Krogsgard

What kind of questions do you have that are left unanswered? My goal was to ask the right questions and answer them best I could, so I want to know what I missed :)

I didnt like the fact that was the fifth wrap up I was reading. For someone stumbling from outside it would be useful but your members probably read all four already.

What I was missing
- why would someone in Matt's position risk so much with this move?
- analogies with open source leaders who did a similar thing in the past and consequences it had on their projects
- how can this affect the future of WordPress
- if you lead by example what example this sets for the core team (discussion after 4.2.3 breaking so many sites gives an insight)
....

Finally I missed bias, or your clear point of view.

I had pretty much same questions in my mind. While it is one of the best wrap-ups I read, it did left a good number of questions unanswered.

Ajay D'Souza

I'm not sure if we will ever end up having all the questions answered. It will be yet another story that might be forgotten until the next time something similar happens.

Lara Littlefield

This is a really great analysis of the legal history of WordPress, and the many challenges facing the future of the community. I really get excited when I look at the future of WordPress in 10 years, 20 years, etc... The future is a bright one.

Eric Karkovack

It seems like WordPress is turning into the United States Congress...

Gabriel Chaves