What are you working on this week?

Aug. 4, 2015

For me it is figuring out how to make a successful WordPress print magazine.

Donna Cavalier

A local landscaper's site and a roll-your-own semi-static CMS that sorta emulates bits of WP but is only db-driven on the back end, while it publishes static html pages on the front end for a client who wants it this way.

Ryan Love

That sounds... challenging Vladimir! What would it consist of? And how far along with it are you?

What am I working on this week?

Probably the same as for the next few weeks, I'm designing some sites for a productized service I'll be launching in the next few months. (Something similar to restaurantengine.com/ but in a different industry and with different offerings.)

Secured the funding for one year, secured design and planned to content blocks and editorial strategy. Hunting for the editorial team and contributors :)

Vladimir, that sounds great. I write a lot of WP related content. Would love to contribute (or create a team of contributors). Let's talk ahmadawais.com/hire-an-advanced-wordpress-content-writer/

David McCan

Learning how to build a WordPress theme.

Ryan Love

Are you using any particular training package/course, or are you just diving in and coding away?

David McCan

Thinking about combining _s with bootstrap. Bootstrap for responsiveness.

I've seen a good tutorial on Lynda.com using _s and one on Pluralsight.com using Bootstrap.

I was working on a Premium WP Theme based on EDD for last 8+ months. I am trying to finish it this week. Pretty much everything is done. Wish me luck.

Codeinwp

Good luck with it Ahmad :)

Thanks Ionut!

Codeinwp

I am working on a salary+bonuses+profishare grid for the company ( is more complicated that I thought ).

Ionut

Still haven't figured it out completely after two years :)

That's a tough cookie!

Tim Nash

My week, much like the last week has been dominated with a Quickbooks integration and writing a new tutorial series for a print publication. To link in with Vladimir week, writing for print publication on WordPress is incredibly challenging with lead times of a couple of months pretty much anything specific you write is likely to be out of date before or shortly after publication.

So the challenge of writing "indepth" technical articles which are meaty enough but don't have a short shelf life, or rely on specific versions is an interesting one.

Ryan Sullivan

Ooohhh a magazine :)

We're in the last leg of a pretty major site redesign and overall change in our business. We're rolling out a major refresh and total code overhaul of our site, and a few new tools for our customers. Lots happening all at once, but all good stuff :)

Looking forward Ryan!

Jenny Pham

Working on a WP slider plugin and in progress of beta test to figure out how it fits user's need. What we are seeking for is a flexible yet very simple and lightweight slider plugin. Still pretty tough over here! Btw, really want to hear advise from experienced developers. If you don't mind, may you give us a hand :)