What's happening in your week? (5th October)

Oct. 5, 2015

Been a while since we have done one of these, but what are you all up to this week, any interesting projects?

Tim Nash

My week is a busy one, I'm off to speak at WordCamp Manchester at the weekend, on "a very modern WordPress stack" introducing folks to not just LEMP stacks but also to Elastic Search, Graphing databases and job queue systems. Hopefully people will find it interesting.

Other then that my REST API course is progressing well, we covered Authentication last week, this week we will be looking at making, updating posts, postmeta and take a look at revisions.

Finally making some modifications to my site, moving the course material to a sub domain with a far more suitable theme.

What about you?

That's great. The REST API course seems great. BTW if possible then do write about Authentication on your blog.

Tim Nash

It's definitely on the list, especially as we covered OAuth2 as well as OAuth1 as an identity provider.

Tom Harrigan

Nice, good luck speaking

Here's what I am up to:

— Since OS X El Capitan has been released, I am gathering intel about which apps are still not compatible.
— I am working out on a good back and reinstall everything workflow for my Mac
— Going to outsource my dotfiles and would write about each one of them, though, figuring out a lot of stuff here
— My new plugin CF7 Customizer(ahmda.ws/1FS6dGn) has 100+ active installs in less than a week after launch, there are few enhancements based on user feedback that will be pushed by the end of this week IA version 1.0.1. Excited about how it all is working out.
— Contributing more in WP 4.4 and TwentySixteen on next Sunday.
— Write at least two articles on my personal blog.
— With all of that, my team at WPTie is working over a cool premium blog theme, hope to release it real soon.

What about you?

Tim Nash

El Capitan update was for my old MacBook Pro a scary process as I had previously still be on Mavericks. Not seeing much of the promised speed increases but haven't had any software issues.

Tom Harrigan

Didn't have many issues on a '15 MBP. Had an issue with Compass, but that was about it.

That's great.

Well, my friends are pretty happy with speed improvements. You sure everything worked fine?