GoDaddy Has Acquired ManageWP

poststatus.com | Sep. 3, 2016 | 7 min read

Congrats to ManageWP. And also kudos to Post Status for the scoop, or at least one of the first ones out the door with the news.

Tim Nash

bodes obvious questions about this site

ManageWP.org belongs to the community, that won't change. We could try getting some free hosting from GoDaddy, tho :D

I literally came here to ask the same question.

Donna Cavalier

Ok, that's unexpected and ... sort of ... worrisome. Congrats to ManageWP though.

Congrats! MWP Team. Donna, I think it is a good new. I just hope that ManageWP doesn't get specific to GoDaddy only. That'd run many companies out of business. Also one of my future projects would suffer.

Ivan Bjelajac

Hi Ahmad,
No worries. We do not plan to ruin any business. Yours or ours. :)

That's what I expect. :)

Donna Cavalier

It's rare that a company gets bought out and doesn't end up suffering or being shut down at some point. The good news usually ends up bad for the users eventually. And when you add in a historically bad company being the purchaser (yes, I know, they are trying to be better), then it's hard to be optimistic.

But frankly, ManageWP is the best of its kind, and it would be impossible to really replace it with a competitor's offering. So I'm hoping GD doesn't make too much of a mess of things. It would be a shame.

I'm very happy for the crew who are profiting from all their hard work. Just very doubtful about what the future means for the rest of us. But we'll see. Might be awesome. Hope so.

I am pretty hopeful that it will work out great. I had a similar set of concerns when GD bought MediaTemple. But the new team at GD has really picked up things really well. They have improved the overall services and MT is better than ever.

Vova Feldman ⓕ Ⓦ ★

Congrats Vladimir and the team!

Thanks everyone. You have nothing to worry, we are still the same bunch of 30 people obsessed with product quality. And ManageWP.org is going nowhere, just look at what the new AMA season here will look like managewp.com/ama-on-managewp-org-is-back-for-season-3

Eric Karkovack

I will hope for the best. ManageWP is such an outstanding service and you'd hate to see outsiders come in and muck it up.

Puneet Sahalot

Congrats to MWP team!
It's wonderful to see how GoDaddy is contributing to WP community.