I’m Adam Warner, Community Evangelist at SiteLock and Co-founder of FooPlugins. Ask Me Anything!

Apr. 26, 2017

I discovered WordPress in 2005 and have been working on the platform and within the community ever since. To feed my entrepreneurial spirit, I’ve founded several WordPress-focused businesses that provided education, plugins and consulting services for online business owners.

I’m a true WordPress Evangelist in spirit and personality, and that also happens to be my job title with SiteLock.com.

I’m also passionate about my family (including two boys under five), robots, and of course Life, the Universe and Everything.

I’ve got my coffee, water, and a full charge on the laptop. Ask me anything!

Courtney Robertson

How many weekends are you traveling a month on average?

Adam W. Warner

Hi Courtney, thanks for stopping by!

When I started in April 2016, it was two weekends consistently but that soon turned into three. Since January of this year, I've traveled every weekend but three.

I have a wife and two kids and we've had to adjust our schedules when I am home to ensure we have QUALITY family time when we're all together. So far so good and I'm looking forward to a couple weekends home in May.

Aca

Hi Adam,

Long time no see :) From Philadelphia I guess :) Thanks for taking the time for AMA

First of all, where are you buying those great T-Shirts that SiteLock is giving away on WordCamps :D

Just joking of course :)

In your opinion, what is the most important trait that WordPress Evangelist should have?

Adam W. Warner

Hi Aca! Yes, Philly it was I believe.

Although I don't know what printer the shirts come from, I do know the brand is named "Next Level". Super soft, super comfy. Other companies take note: no one likes a thick scratchy shirt.

The most important trait would be the ability to listen. I mean, REALLY listen to every person you come in contact with. Sure, part of an evangelist's job is to communicate the value of products/services, but that's secondary or even tertiary.

My focus is on listening to end users (bloggers, agencies, hosts, developers) and identifying pain points. I then ask probing questions like "What if you were able to do this?" or "If you had something like this, would that help fix things?"

This helps me understand where SiteLock services can fit within a business with existing solutions, but also helps me bring ideas to our team on how we can solve additional problems people are having.

Milan Ivanović

Hey Adam,

Thank you so much for doing this AMA!

Would you mind sharing your tools that you couldn't live without?

And if you could change one thing in our Community what would that be?

Thank you so much, and see you on one of the next WordCamps!

Adam W. Warner

Milan! We need to spend more quality time together. Paris perhaps?

Two great questions. Here we go:

Tools I use? There are a lot, but if I had to get evangelist-specific, this would be my list:
Apps on Phone
- Delta (No paper in my pockets...ever)

- Podcasts (Really useful when traveling and keeping up with WP happenings. I listen to a lot of WP podcasts like The WP Crowd, Get_Options, KitchenSinkWP, OfficeHoursFM, Matt Report, Apply Filters, WP Elevation. I also listen to non-WP podcasts like Ten Minute Podcast, Nerdist, and WTF with Marc Maron)

- Hootsuite (I'm responsible for our company Twitter/Facebook when at an event and am always posting through this tool)

- Notes (At the start of every WordCamp, I start a new Note with the camp hashtag and take notes on various things.)

There are more...dozens more;)

One thing to change in the Community? There are many little things that could benefit from a change, but I think that's already happening slowly but surely. I see the community maturing. I see WordCamps and businesses maturing.

I guess I'd like to see more people get involved with sharing opinions on the direction of WP features. We recently saw an example of the community coming together over the plugin repository design changes. Yes, people were involved giving feedback from the beginning, and many feel like they weren't heard, but many were simply not giving feedback. Not enough anyway. After the new repo went live, the community voiced their opinions again (this time louder) and change was implemented.

Tina Todorovic

Hootsuite?

We will talk more about this in Chicago:-)

Ha!

Tina Todorovic

Thank you for doing this Adam.

Let's break the ice with this simple question: Star Wars or Star Trek and why?

I am looking forward to hearing your answer :-).

Hey there Tina!

You thought this would be a simple question!? ;)

I like both but if I had to choose, Star Wars would be my choice. The reason is because I also believe we're all connected universally and "The Force" makes complete sense to me.

Ben Meredith

Hi Adam,

Do you lean more toward coding or marketing, when it comes to product development?

What tips would you have for a side-gig premium plugin (add-on) to effectively market on a shoestring budget?

How do you set yourself apart from folks who are just in WP for the market share, and not the community? Is there a silver bullet there?

Hey Ben!

1. This is the story I like to tell. When I first started digging into WP, I created a theme. It was as ugly as a theme can get. I then tried building a few plugins. They worked (mostly) for me but white-screened many other installs. Sooooooo...I definitely lean toward marketing and product development. :)

2. Read and implement this to get as much traction from the repo as you can:
freemius.com/blog/seo-on-new-plugin-repository/

Also consider a few FB and Twitter Ads. I did this for FooPlugins with campaigns costing as little as $20. It helped me get a sampling of what worked and what didn't and once we knew that, we upped our ad game.

Look for cross-promotion partner opportunities. They're out there.

3. As I said in my intro, a WP evangelist is who I am. I'm so thankful for this software and its community and I try to voice that, and the history of how it all started, open source, the power of community, etc. I do this naturally, but also very specifically to people who may be in the community simply for market share. They're not too hard to spot.

If I can spread the word about open source/community and enlighten someone who sees this as simply a "target market", then I've had a good day.

Luca Fracassi

Hi Adam,

couple of questions from my side:

- what learnings were brought back at Sitelock after your experiences in working with the WP community and how did those influence product development?
- what would you suggest to "big" companies entering the WordPress community? dos & donts...

thanks & see you in Paris...

ciao

Luca

Adam W. Warner

Hi Luca, see you soon my friend!

1. Immediately after joining the SiteLock team, I had feedback on how a few things could be done "the WordPress way". The entire team was and continues to be, open and receptive to my opinions and this has affected product development in a positive way. Stay tuned this year for more on this ;)

2. Be real. Be transparent. Be vulnerable. Don't look at people in the community as a "target market" or "potential customer".

Luca Fracassi

Thanks for the answers!

Of course!

Luca Fracassi

thanks!

Kimberly Lipari

Hey Adam!

Few q's:

1. To take off of your answer to Milan regarding Podcasts, when do you actually listen to these? I'd love to start but I feel as if there is little to no time for me to stay current on them.

2. I know that you truly are an evangelist and LOVE the community of WP, but it's got to get overwhelming at times with the travel, family, and hundreds of people you meet each month. How do you unwind when you need a breather?

3. What's your favorite meal?

Hope to see you soon!

-Kimberly

Adam W. Warner

Hey Kim, thanks for stopping by!

1. Well I sure don't listen to them at home with two boys wanting to wrestle, build a spaceship, or "have a snack" every five minutes;) I typically listen when I'm waiting for my flights to board, on my flights, and while walking through the Atlanta airport to my connecting gate (always through Atlanta). I tend to like the shorter episodes as offered by KitchenSinkWP and Ten Minute Podcast because I feel like I've accomplished something:)

2. It does get overwhelming sometimes, even when I'm at an event. I don't know if this is technically true but I call myself an Extroverted Introvert. I LOVE LOVE LOVE meeting and talking with new people, but when I'm done. I'm done. I've been known to be there one second and then I'll just disappear until the next day.

I need my alone time. It's even better if a WordCamp location is in a hotel. I can sneak up to my room for 15 minutes and chill, then come back down and do my thing.

3. I'm a sucker for a good bacon cheeseburger. Fries, crispy almost burnt.

Ben Meredith

I forgot my most important question:

When are you moving to my neighborhood? Willing to work out a weekly babysitting swap for date nights. Make it so.

Wait, this isn't a question, it's a demand. Move already.

Adam W. Warner

Ha! Your area is still in the running but we're probably a couple years away. That said, we could work out a house/location swap if you ever want to bring the family to Florida;)

Laura Neiman

Hey Adam!

So great to meet you at Snap conference!

Most of the bloggers I know utilize Jetpack, but I've heard it's pretty bloated and really slows a site down. What are your thoughts on that?

Also, what's the best way to set up a shop on WP site?

Adam W. Warner

Hi Laura! It was great meeting you too. Snap was an excellent event!

1. Jetpack is very popular, and for a lot of reasons including that it's auto-installed on WordPress.com hosted sites. The bloated complaint has been around awhile and although it might have been warranted at one point, Jetpack has come a long way. Also, the culprit of the "slowness of a site" can be related to many different variables like hosting, other plugins, themes, external scripts, and more.

2. Physical products: WooCommerce, Digital products: Easy Digital Downloads. Hands down.

Anthony D Paul

Hello Adam,

Any average WordCamp attendee meets so many cool people and it can be embarrassing to recognize someone in a new city because you met them briefly 6 months before in a different city.

What tips and tools do you have for keeping on top of your networking and remembering all the faces, names, and personable conversation tidbits?

ADP

Adam W. Warner

Ha! GOOD question and thanks.

When I was in college I ordered a series of cassette tapes (anyone remember those?) for maximizing your memory skills. There were two pieces of content in those tapes that stuck with me more than the rest...

1. When shaking someone's hand during a first meeting. Look them directly in the eyes and repeat their name a minimum of 10 times silently in your head. Face to a name.

2. Remembering tidbits about previous conversations can be a little tougher, but the other piece of advice in those tapes was that if you ever can't recall something, don't try and force it. Just tell yourself internally that "Ah, it will come to me in a second." and then do your best to move onto another topic. I can swear by this technique. It works most of the time for me.

If I do forget someone's name, there always the name tag, and there's no shame in saying "I know we've met but can you remind me of your name?" Our community understands:)

Michael Terndrup

Hey Adam,

I guess what I want to know is as someone who is a Kinesthetic learner how can I improve myself? I do website care for churches (Mostly my church) but I want to offer it to others.

Adam W. Warner

Hey Michael, thanks for the question. It's a good one!

So, a Kinesthetic learner is someone who learns better from tactile learning and actually "doing" things instead of listening to a presentation or reading, yes?

My advice would be to offer workshops to people. You could present your laptop screen to users and teach them as you go through the process of building a WordPress site. Many people, including myself, are more visual learners and I've found that if they can see the process of how something is done, the more comfortable they feel.

Does that answer your question?

Michael Terndrup

Yes it does see I want to be a webmaster for nonprofits I feel like I do better there

Leland Fiegel

Hi Adam,

I'm curious how you split your time between SiteLock and FooPlugins? Is there a pretty consistent split (like 60/40), or does it vary from week to week?

Do you find you have enough time and energy juggling between these two different hats? How do you make that limited time for one or the other more efficient?

-Leland

Adam W. Warner

Hey Leland, welcome and thanks for the great question!

This subject has probably been the toughest to solve over the past year.

Before joining SiteLock, we discussed internally at FooPlugins and what it meant for my daily activities. FooPlugins was also discussed during my initial conversations with SiteLock.

It's been a balancing act to be sure, with several ups and downs. The good news is that it's kind of forced Foo to streamline our product offerings and our focus. We're still not there, but we're getting there. Talk to me in a couple months;)

Joseph H. Howard

You asked the EXACT same question I was going to, Leland. Dang! :)

Hey Adam

You've been around the WordPress long enough to have a good sense of where the project is heading. What are your thoughts on the future of WordPress and what needs to happen for the project to continue to thrive in the years to come?

What is the biggest threat to this?

Adam W. Warner

Hi Vladimir, thanks for being here and the great questions!

To be honest, I was getting concerned about the writing/editing/page building experience over the past year. The need for easier page and content layout customizations was clear with platforms like Squarespace and others gaining popularity. This need has been mostly filled by page builders like Beaver Builder, Divi, Elementor and others but when Matt announced that the editing experience was one of the focuses in 2017 and beyond, I felt relieved. Just this one focus will go a long way toward making WordPress "easy" for new users.

Continuing to build and strengthen the community as a whole is also an important factor for WordPress to thrive. There are now multiple WordCamps almost every weekend and with them falling under the new Public Benefit Corporation, it gives sponsors (and potential sponsors) more room to perform traditional marketing and lead generation.

There is a fine line here and I strongly caution against companies going too far. WordCamp Central and the .org community team have done a great job in ensuring WordCamps remain focused on teaching, sharing, and helping others to elevate their WordPress knowledge and skills and we'll just have to see how things go in the years to come.

I think the biggest threat (and the biggest benefit) is the shear size of the WordPress user base and community. Once you have to support so many different types of end users and businesses, seemingly simple changes can have a catastrophic effect. But I think making bold moves (like dropping support for older versions of IE) will help move things forward, as long as they're done at the correct time.

p.s. Please consider reviving your Insights plugin :)

Josh Pollock

Can you explain the plot of Game of Thrones in just four words?

Adam W. Warner

And so it begins...thanks:)

I've never seen an episode (uh-oh, did I just admit that!?) so here goes...

Medieval, dragons, swords, shame (ding ding)

Josh Pollock

I'll accept that answer.

Roy Sivan

Adam, with your vast knowledge of WordPress and Security, i have to ask, 'cause you must know.

Who is the last Jedi?

Another superb question. #hiroy

Luke Skywalker is the last Jedi.

Why? Because he knows (and teaches) that the Force is within all of us and there's no need for a specific group to lead the rebellion. It's up to all of us to battle imperial forces of evil, wherever and in whomever it might manifest.

A better answer: we are all the last Jedi.

Roy Sivan

Serious Question - You were on Foo full time, at some point did you decide that it was not working for you anymore? How / When did you hit that point that you knew a full time job would be more beneficial for your personal growth / well being / health?

Adam W. Warner

Good one, and a story that gets a lot of head nods when I tell it.

We started selling FooBox 8 months prior to building FooPlugins.com. At the time I was the Web Development and Internet Marketing Manager for a North American ventilation systems company. In other words, restaurant and hotel rooftop fans, bathroom fans, etc. I built out and managed a WordPress Multisite install.

That company decided to close the local office I was in and I had the opportunity to try and get into their offices in Sweden or Kansas. Because it was 30 days before our first son was born, and FooBox was selling, I decided to try my hand at building FooPlugins with my Co-founder.

Fast forward 4.5 years and now two toddler boys to manage, working from home, I started to feel isolated. Away from the community I loved and in retrospect, a bit depressed. I was also just simply overwhelmed.

I had seen what Mendel Kurland had been doing for GoDaddy in the community and knew that was the ideal position for me. I started looking specifically for an evangelist job, and the opportunity with SiteLock presented itself.

Roy Sivan

at the risk of annoying your current employer.. is your long term goal to be back on your own thing, at home, or do you see yourself working for SiteLock (or another company) for here on out?

Ha!

I have very specific long-term goals for both. As long as SiteLock will have me, I don't plan on going anywhere. It's a great company to work for and the tech behind our services are second-to-none. There is a lot to do in terms of continuing to build a community.

Because of the aforementioned pivots FooPlugins is making, I expect rapid growth in the next six months. And when that happens, my goal is to hire for specific positions to continue easing my workload and that of our team...and perhaps take a more "guiding" role.

Time will tell if my predictions are correct.

Lauren Jeffcoat

Hi Adam, I've seen a lot of your presentations at various WordCamps. They are always so well put together, you have a great stage presence and you always engage the crowd.

1. What advice would you give for someone who wants to start presenting at camps?

2. How do you come up with your topic ideas?

See you in a few days in Chicago :)

Adam W. Warner

Hi Lauren, great questions and thanks for the kind words :)

My presentation ideas always start with personal experiences. And I always try to start them with an emotional hook that people can relate to, whatever the subject.

My advice is to take a subject you know, then start with an outline touching on the main points you want to make. Then go back in several times and "fill in the blanks". After a few rounds of that you'll end up with a cohesive message that's easy to follow along with.

Then add gifs. Lots of them.

For first time speakers, it can be very nerve racking but what I always advise is this:

1. If you know your subject, you have nothing to worry about. Just talk about what you know.
2. When creating your presentation notes, DO NOT WRITE THEM IN BLOG FORM. Stick to bullet points. I lost my train of thought once during a preso and started reading my notes and totally disengaged from the audience.
3. Take a moment to breath or take a drink of water. The pause is never as long to the audience as it seems to the presenter.
4. Practice your talk...then practice it again and again.

See you in a couple days!

Vishal Kothari

Hey Adam, it was nice meeting you at PressNomics. :)

One very specific question:

What is the one WordPress product/plugin you would suggest to build someone if they were to start today?

Adam W. Warner

Hey Vishnal! It was a pleasure meeting you as well!

GOOD QUESTION.

That's a tough one. There are still many opportunities for new products/plugins, and even for developing solutions for areas that already exist but could be done differently or better. An example would be our FooGallery plugin. When it was first released, there were two very popular Gallery plugins dominating the repo. Ours is up to 90k active installs and we feel that's directly related to a better user experience when creating galleries.

My best advice would be to build what you know most about and solve a pain point. It's likely that others have that same pain point and you can then create the marketing material to drive organic traffic and interest.

That said, we spent six months building something that solved a huge pain point for me as a tutorial blogger and it fell flat on the general public. So I would include market research on whatever that pain point you're setting out to solve happens to be.

I hope that answers your question?

Vishal Kothari

It definitely answers the question. Market research on the pain point is important. :) Thank you.

Justine Pretorious

Hey Adam!

So as a Community Evangelist what has been your favorite moment in spreading the word about WordPress?

What are your top plugins?

What has been your favorite WordCamp and why?

Hope to see you again soon!

Justine

Adam W. Warner

Ok Justine, you win for the most difficult questions so far. Congrats! :)

1. This one was memorable. When I was at A Day of REST in Boston, there were two young developers sitting at the same table for lunch. Neither had actually used WordPress before but had heard of it. After discussing the history of the platform, the giving nature of the community, and of course the possibilities of the REST API they were excited, to say the least.

2. Top plugins are always relative. It really depends on the requirements for the individual site build. That said, I would caution people to simply choose the "most popular" plugin in any category. There are still a lot of diamonds in the rough deep in the repo.

3. OMG Really? Are you trying to get me in trouble? ;) Seriously, every camp and event have its benefits and I enjoy each and every one. One very memorable one was WC Ann Arbor last year. The schedule was unique in that the first day was only panels and they ended at 12:30pm. Next, people separated into groups to visit one of seven different lunch spots. After that you could choose one of several afternoon activities like kayaking, museum tours and more. The next day was a standard WordCamp schedule. The takeaway was that because people had already spent some time together, you didn't feel disconnected in any way.

Justine Pretorious

I didn't mean to ask tough questions or get you in trouble! LOL!

Thanks for the answers!

I love the WC Ann Arbor schedule! That is a VERY good idea to get people to interact :)

You ROCK Adam!

Amanda Giles

Hi Adam!

So I've seen a lot of what you do when you're at a WordCamp in your evangelist role. I'm curious what you do when you're not on the road as part of that role. Or is it something you're always doing only when you're on the road?

Also I'm curious about travel and packing tips. I seem to recall you wrote a blog post about that though before WordCamp US, so maybe you can just point me to that.

Also, do you have a book strategy for trips? I end up picking a book largely based on size which will fit in my laptop bag. eReaders are OK, but I really like the paper and reading "unplugged".

Thanks!

Adam W. Warner

Hi Amanda! Thanks for dropping by:)

1. When I return from a trip I always "try" to disconnect the next day and make sure I have quality time with my wife and kids. We also have a slew of other projects in the works internally, related to my role and marketing as a whole. These include product milestones, blogging event recaps and other subjects on wpdistrict.sitelock.com, and really too many other ongoing projects to name.

2. Yes, here are some travel tips I came up with last year. Smelling your towels BEFORE you dry your face is probably #1;) adamwwarner.com/travel-tips-avid-wordcamper/

3. I aspire to read more, but I used to get car sick when I was a kid and that's persisted into my adult life. I simply can't read anything while I'm in some kind of moving vehicle, land or air.

Shawn Pfunder

Adam! Got three questions for you:

1. Pancakes or waffles?
2. What are your thoughts around the future of the web related to AR/MR?
3. Did you know that it's national pretzel day and what are you going to do about it?

See you soon, rockstar.

Shawn! :)

1. Pancakes, but only if the edges are crispy from cooking in oil and topped with peanut butter and jelly.
2. Toughie. For those who aren't familiar, AR (Augmented Reality) and MR (Mixed Reality). As AR/MR become more advanced and available, the web (as we're used to interacting with it via screens) will fade away like corded telephones. "The Web" will become something that we're all connected to from birth either via some kind of device, whether external or implanted biologically. Perhaps, at some point, "the web" will be something that we all just have in our DNA. The Force mentioned earlier. The Singularity will happen.
3. I did not, and I'm ashamed. I will buy some pretzel sticks at the store when I pick up our boys from school.

...not if I see you first my friend.

Joseph H. Howard

Hey, Adam!

Thanks for answering all these questions here. Your hands must be tired from all the typing :)

My question is more related to FooPlugins (sorry, SiteLock!). If you could go back in time to the day you started FP, what are 1-3 things you would tell yourself to do differently. I know there's that whole "I wouldn't change a thing, failure helped me learn, etc" idea out there, but I was thinking more along the lines of advice you would give yourself to avoid big pitfalls, steer more towards bigger gains, etc.

Thanks, Adam. You rock!

Adam W. Warner

Hey Joe! Thanks for dropping by and great question.

1. Yes, my wrists are killing me:)

2. I think the number thing I would do differently would be to stay focused on one thing. When we started FooPlugins, we intended to be the next CodeCanyon as silly as that sounds now. We put up sixteen different plugins of ours, all doing different things and then got some plugin vendors on board.

It was a management and marketing nightmare. There was simply too much to keep track of and support for each one of our team members.

My advice, whether running a service or product company is to focus on ONE thing and own it.

Joseph H. Howard

Great advice, Adam! As my company grows, I can see why some entrepreneurs get shiny-object syndrome. A few things start to work out and look like the they have potential, but I agree; better to be totally awesome at one thing than OK at a few.

I will keep that in mind as we move onward and upward. Thank you!

Laura Neiman

Asking the important question here. Biggie or Tupac?

Adam W. Warner

Hmmmm, I'm going to have to go with Biggie on this one solely based on flow. I just like his style better.

That said, I've had a special place for Nova Scotian hip hop lately:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8zIr_Dn4EA

Gerroald Barron

Hey Adam,

Quick question. Pirates or Astronauts?

Hey Gerroald,

Easy. Astronaut Pirates.

Just Google the "Ice Pirates" movie from the 80's and you'll know exactly what I mean.

Bridget Willard

Hi friend,

You've built and worked in many different types of companies, based upon your talk at WordCamp Atlanta.

How do you view company culture in the light of increasing dependance upon text-only communication and remote work?

Hello my friend:)

Remember when everyone complained that we're all going to be disconnected because of email, chat text and cell phones? It sort of happened, but I'd argue that this has made the push for in-person interaction and deeper connections (hugs) much more prevalent.

Humans need each other. Plain and simple. No technology will interfere with that for long. We just won't stand for it!

Justine Pretorious

Agree!

Bridget Willard

I totally agree. And you personify that.

Zach Skaggs

What's the most fun city you've been able to visit since starting with SiteLock?

Who is your favorite Ninja Forms employee and why is it Zach? ;)

Adam W. Warner

Hey, it's my favorite Ninja Forms employee because he gives me meds to help my cold at Pressnomics! Bam, nailed that second question.

I've been to a lot of cities now, but by far the most memorable was Vienna, Austria. Where else can you visit a sausage stand at 1am and feel completely safe?

The most I've had after a single conference day was at Medieval Times with BoldGrid and GoDaddy.
twitter.com/mpmike/status/800459968403173377

Ross Johnson

Heya Adam,

Thanks for doing the AMA!

So you've been to a lot of WordCamps and conferences. From your perspective, what are some of the things the stand out conferences do that sets them apart?

Hey there Ross!

Here's a hit list that makes for successful events:

Unique schedules
Pre-conference networking events
#WCKaraoke (need I go on?)
Good promotion of sponsors during opening/closing remarks
Having introductions of speakers
Having a room facilitator to let the speaker know how much time is left, and also to help handle questions
Although sometimes not very pretty, having the event at a hotel is really nice. It's easy for attendees (both in town and out of town) to go back and forth from room to event as needed.

I'm sure there's much more...

Mendel

Hey Adam, awesome that you're doing an AMA. This is probably the most epic I've ever seen.

Question: Community stuff is so much fun, but you're still working... a lot. What do you do to 're-charge' from work?

Adam W. Warner

Epic? Thanks! And thanks for blazing the trail.

Speaking of blazing trails, when I'm not working, I aspire to recharge by Hiking with Geeks ;)
hikingwithgeeks.com/

Ansel Taft

If you were a woodchuck... how much wood could you chuck if you could chuck wood?

Adam W. Warner

A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Matt Cromwell

Hey Adam, you rock the AMA, there's been some gems in here.

1) Who's the most amazing support rep you've ever worked with? Be honest... it's me. OK... skip that one.

2) What are some of the craziest sites you've seen FooBox or FooGallery used on?

3) You've had quite a professional journey. You've worked with giant corporations, worked on your own, worked as a solopreneur. Do you find any of those different roles more/less challenging or rewarding?

Thanks, friend!

Thanks sir!

1. Skipped. Duplicate answer.

2. It's always interesting to explore the domains you're plugins are installed on. As one might imagine we see a lot of sites dealing with photography, crafting, photo booth businesses, eCommerce, and more. The craziest? Well, let's just say that some sites are only for adults...and some adults are into very strange things. 'Nuf said and not judging.

3. Every role can be a challenge in some way, no matter where you're at. Working for someone certainly comes with a bigger feeling of security than forging out on your own. But creating your own path is one of the most rewarding (and challenging) things I've ever done. And I'm not done yet.

I consider myself extremely fortunate to work for SiteLock. I have the best of both worlds in that within my role as an evangelist, it's much like being a solopreneur. I'm allowed to utilize my knowledge of WordPress while exploring creative ways to make a difference in the community, all while being backed by an incredible team.

Mirian brian

[…]I AM FROM TEXAS, USA, I HAVE BEEN IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH MY MAN FOR 2 YEARS, WE PLANNED TO GET MARRIED BUT EVERYTHING TURNED THE WRONG WAY WHEN HE FELL IN LOVE WITH ANOTHER LADY, HE LEFT FOR NO REASON, I DID EVERYTHING TO GET HIM BACK BUT NOTHING WORKED THEN I A FRIEND TOLD ME TO CONTACT DR_MACK@ YAHOO. COM AND I DID WITHOUT DOUBT AND TO MY SURPRISE MY MAN CAME BACK TO ME AND WANT US TO START ALL OVER AGAIN, I AM SO HAPPY MY MAN IS BACK FOREVER” […]