Request: no more "top X plugins to speed up you site" posts

Feb. 27, 2014

The are several of these posts each week, and the truth for me is, even if i didn't know how to optimize my site for speed, it's one of the easier google searches when it comes to WordPress. I'd rather the front page be less cluttered by these repetitive posts. Others feel differently?

I do agree and never vote them. If they are just repeat of same old stuff flag them.

Jacob Perl

While we're at it how about "top x slideshow plugins/responsive themes...etc

Flag, flag, flag... :)

Mickey Kay

Silly question: how do I flag something?

Yoren Chang

In the "Latest" page, a flag link will be displayed with each post (under the post title). But in homepage / hottest page, there is no flag link with a post, only share options.

Dave Warfel

I agree, and taking it even a step further... I think the WordPress community as a whole would benefit more from hearing an experts take on 1) what the best 1 or 2 plugins are for a particular goal... 2) why they have chosen those 1 or 2... 3) and how to best setup/configure/optimize those.

As WordPress power-users & enthusiasts, I think we should do more to steer other users in the right direction, towards well-developed, bug-free, frequently-updated plugins & themes. A list of 10, 20 or more XYZ themes/plugins only adds confusion, and (IMO) is not nearly as helpful as a solid recommendation, and some tips on implementing that recommendation for a specific use case.

Grant Palin

These roundup types of posts appear every week on multiple sites. Sometimes it's plugins, sometimes it's steps to [improve security, speed up the site, etc.] Most of them are not anything new, though there is the occasional gem. For this type of site, let's favour original content.

Adeel Athar